Whether you are a designer, a tailor or another type of craftsman that has now turned to online business - your creations are a way of expression. So you might wonder what is the point of having a blog, and on your site at that. Actually there are a number of good reasons you will be better off blogging on your own site that is also your own marketplace.
- The company blog, or a marketplace blog is where you communicate with your customers and followers. Whether it’s frustrations with the business, professional tips for your fellow craftsmen, etc. - you’d better put that on the screen for everyone to read.
- It might be the best way to signify change - the way you do business, updates to the site terms, a promotion, you name it - that should be on the blog.
- Drive traffic to products - include “buy now” buttons in your posts.
- Establish authority in the field - you know your trade better than most, so why not share and get your voice heard?
- Request user feedback - they can use the built-in Facebook comments* to respond to your call.
- Help your own SEO efforts - good content is always welcome for search engines.
- Charge subscriptions to user for access to blogging**.
The blog will add an extra link to the site navigation, and will be accessible to both members and visitors. Posts are displayed chronologically, with the latest on the top.
*Requires a configured Facebook app and users authorizing it.
**Subscriptions module required.